I don’t know about you, but when I have a day where I wake up late and do not take the time to meditate; it completely throws off my whole day. Our mind is at work every day, all day. Every decision we make, every challenge that we face, every moment we go through in life, our mind is our constant companion…it can be our best friend or our worst enemy. Our mind needs a way to release all of this tension and stress or not create it at all, in the first place. This is the power of meditation comes in.
So what is meditation?
Quite simply, meditation is that space when the thoughts have subsided, and the mind is in complete rest. When the mind settles down, it lets go of tension and stress and centers itself in the present moment. Daily practice of meditation enables us to gain an increased ability to focus, concentrate, create clarity of mind, and expanded awareness.
Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life. Eckhart Tolle
Daily meditation is an essential practice in connecting with our inner GPS and visualizing our goals. There are, however, many additional benefits to practicing daily meditation.
- Meditation can improve your performance in the workplace by helping to make us less reactive. The power of meditation can help us to listen more and to be comfortable pausing before responding.
- Enhances productivity, when we actively quiet our minds from all of the racing thoughts, we can focus on the task at hand and regain our productivity on tasks.
- Fights depression and reduces anxiety
- Helps you live in the moment
- Increases emotional intelligence
- Increases self-awareness and intuition. Our intuition is the inner GPS leading us to our ultimate goal destination.
Success is 95% mindset and 5% actual physical doing.
Shifting your mindset is part of the 95% of success. If you are going to be successful, it is a breakdown of 95% mindset and 5% actual physical doing. This doesn’t mean that you do not have to take action, but if you’re not thinking (mental activity does not constitute thinking) and your head is not on straight, then your thoughts are all over the place. When you are not in control of your thoughts, your “success” is most likely broke down and you are operating from busy, which is not helpful to attaining your goal.
When you make the choice to create time for a daily meditation practice allows you to begin shifting to become more aware of your thoughts and move into a successful mindset to help you achieve your goals.
If you want to have a more in-depth discussion regarding how to begin shifting into a successful mindset, book a call with me, and let’s start the conversation.