Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on all the reasons to be thankful.
Here are 10 simple ways to express gratitude and say “Thank You” to those who’ve enriched your life in some way.
One of the most elevated states of emotion and energy is the feeling of gratitude and as a consequence, one of the most powerful phrases in any language is “thank you.”
With those two words, you can express appreciation for a kind gesture or service someone has offered you. These two small words have the power to elevate and ignite someone’s day, including your own!
When you want to go the extra mile in expressing gratitude, try one of these 10 ways to say “thanks” and feel your energy ascend and your heart open.
Try these gratitude expressions to get you going:
1. Smile. Express your gratitude with a smile and the other person will almost always smile back. If that person is having a bad day, a smile could be just the thing that turns their day around.
2. Send a note. Write a short note expressing your gratitude. Your heartfelt words will mean more to the recipient because they came from you. The note doesn’t have to be perfect, it just needs to come from the heart.
3. Invite them out. Say “thank you” with dinner or time together doing something fun that you both enjoy. Perhaps sending them a meal from their favorite restaurant and hosting virtual happy hour or coffee time, if you want to express gratitude while honoring social distancing for the time being.
4. Share your story. Share with others, what someone has done for you. They’ll likely hear about how highly you’re speaking of them. Better yet, brag about them to others in front of them.
5. Offer a favor. Let the person choose what kind of favor they’d like from you. A small favor can often help someone out in a big way.
6. Contribute to a charity. Find out what your recipient is passionate about and then make a donation to an appropriate charity in their name.
7. Add a personal touch. Say “thank you” with a homemade gift. The person will recognize your thoughtfulness and appreciate the gesture. You can handcraft a card or make a photo slideshow. Create something sentimental that truly shows your appreciation.
8. Phone call. Sometimes a simple phone call is all you need to get your message across.
9. Give them a “Gift of the Month.” For someone who’s always doing nice things for you, consider a gift subscription to their favorite magazine. You can also prepay for a subscription to a “book of the month” club that features books that interest them.
10. Food. If you love to bake, your talents can be a sweet way to show your gratitude.
If you go the extra mile to show someone you’re genuinely grateful, the gesture will be remembered for a long time to come.
Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on the many things there are to be grateful for. Go the extra mile and show the people in your life, just how grateful you are. Choose one of these ideas or come up with your own, and say “thank you” to someone special in a meaningful way; you are only limited by imagination.